Gas Assist Analysis Services
Gas-assisted injection molding is the process where an inert gas is injected into a molded part during the filling analysis stage.The gas assist process uses compressed gas as the driving packing force providing mechanical strength and stability for thick molded geometry. Energy, material, and part weight are among the cost saving benefits to applying the Gas Assist method.
Results of a Gas-Assist study can determine the following:
- Aid in part design, gate placement, and process setup
- Gas channel sizing for optimal filling and gas penetration
- Best gas channel layout
- Inadequate gas penetration
- Proper shot size to avoid "blowout"
- Pressures required to avoid short shots and flow hesitation
- Final part weight to determine material savings